Here’s my quick review of Wasteland 2. It’s pretty good!
- ++ More cRPG goodness!
- ++ Definitely feels like Fallout. After all, this universe is where it all started.
- ++ The heavy use of Skilldex is much more meaningful and useful this time around.'
- ++ Linux support!
- ++ The pacing of gameplay is really well done. Character development was just right without difficulty being too frustrating or too easy.
- Well-written so far. I’m expecting this much from various writers and co-writers from Fallout, Torment, and Black Isle + Obsidian fame. I have yet to explore on the story yet though, since the first few tasks took so much time.
- Tactics-heavy. It’s the usual Fallout+XCOM+Divinity recipe. It’s just as gritty and punishing too.
- Combat speed settings AND a UI that you can rearrange.
- Frame rates were acceptable with good graphics.
And the bad stuff:#
- Lacks polish. Camera control is tedious and background occlusion would’ve helped. Using the interface was also sluggish.
- Music was below my expectations. I ended up playing Spotify, and that’s a bad thing.
- The atmosphere was difficult to grasp. It was harder to feel the overworld due to the map-style system it used. Then again, I know nothing about post-apocalyptic Arizona.
- I wish I have more time.
This is on par compared to Divinity: Original Sin so far.